In this “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) episode, Peter answers a wide range of questions from readers and podcast listeners. Bob Kaplan, Peter’s head of research, asks the questions. If you’re listening on a podcast player, you’ll be able to hear a preview of the AMA.
If you’re a subscriber, you can watch or listen to this full episode on our website at the AMA #6 show notes page.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently building a private RSS feed that will allow subscribers to listen uninterrupted on the podcast player of their choice. This will be released shortly.
Questions are pulled from the AMA section on the website (peterattiamd.com). Any subscriber is welcome to submit questions.
- Vitamin supplementation: Is it necessary if you eat a balanced diet? [2:00];
- Antioxidants: What does current science have to say about antioxidants in food and supplements? [9:00];
- How do you break a fast of more than three days? [17:15];
- Does a morning black coffee break a fast? In other words, does black coffee raise insulin levels? [22:15];
- When intermittent fasting, does the placement of the “feeding window” matter? [25:30];
- Is it better to fast before or after a planned food binge (e.g., Thanksgiving)? [28:30];
- Fasting protocol: Do you have a specific protocol to recommend? [31:30];
- Time management: How do you manage your time between work, family, and your many personal interests? [35:45];
- Problem solving: Can you breakdown your process of problem-solving? [46:45];
- For those looking to gain a better understanding of biochemistry, pharmacology, etc., do you have any good textbooks or (online) resources to recommend? [49:00];
- What are some of your favorite podcasts that you listen to? [51:15];
- What is your favorite animal? [54:45]; and