In this five-part series, Thomas Dayspring, M.D., FACP, FNLA, a world-renowned expert in lipidology, and one of Peter’s most important clinical mentors, shares his wealth of knowledge on the subject of lipids. Part I serves as an introduction to Tom, his work, and an overview of lipid terminology.
- Tom’s recent and remarkable physical transformation [6:30];
- The moving stories behind Tom’s obsessions: firefighting, hockey, and, of course, lipids [20:30];
- Tom’s medical background [39:30];
- Producing some of the most accessible diagrams on lipids [50:00];
- What are the different kinds of lipids, what do they do, and how are they transported? [57:15]; and