In this five-part series, Thomas Dayspring, M.D., FACP, FNLA, a world-renowned expert in lipidology, and one of Peter’s most important clinical mentors, shares his wealth of knowledge on the subject of lipids. In Part II, Tom provides a 101 on lipids and lipoproteins. Tom and Peter also discuss the history and techniques used to measure lipoproteins, and more.
- Lipoprotein basics [1:30];
- Gofman and the ultracentrifuge [5:15];
- Lipoprotein structure, function, metabolism [6:45];
- Lipoprotein and cholesterol measurement, and NMR technology [15:15];
- LDL-C vs LDL-P and apoB [30:45];
- Sterols and cholesterol synthesis [39:45]; and