In this “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) episode, the first subscriber-only edition, Peter answers a wide range of questions from readers and podcast listeners. Bob Kaplan, Peter’s head of research, asks the questions. If you’re a subscriber, you can watch or listen to this full episode on our website.
If you’re listening on a podcast player, you’ll be able to hear a preview of the AMA, and then you’ll have to finish watching or listening on the website.
Questions are pulled from the AMA section on the website (peterattiamd.com). Any subscriber is welcome to submit questions.
- Blue light blockers and how they improve sleep [1:30];
- How to minimize jet lag and sleep disruption while traveling [6:45];
- How to treat symptoms of PMS, the female hormone cycle, testosterone in women, and estrogen in men [15:45];
- Autophagy: what it is, why it matters, and how can we enhance it [26:15];
- The two-minute drill (and a bonus Patriots and Tom Brady tangent) [41:15];
- Has Peter thought about having CME accredited content for people in the medical field? [44:15];
- How does one find good doctors that are somewhat up to date on the latest research, primary care, etc.? [45:45];
- What values would Peter be interested in monitoring continuously if the tech existed? [47:15];
- How to annoy Peter [49:15];
- If I’m interested in longevity, should I do a Ph.D. or M.D.? [50:00]; and