This episode explores the question of how we can maintain a naturally youthful look as we get older. Brett — a New York City oculofacial plastic surgeon who specializes in both non-surgical and surgical cosmetic and reconstructive procedures of the eyes and face — shares some remarkably practical advice on everything from the most extensive procedural options, down to the simple steps one can do themselves, starting today, that can make a tremendous impact. Brett also discusses how to pick a provider you trust while you’re sorting through the ever-growing list of facial treatments and cosmetic procedures.
Subscribe on: APPLE PODCASTS | RSS | GOOGLE | OVERCAST | STITCHER
- History of medical training that led to Brett’s current interests [5:00];
- What changes occur that make skin look older over time? [8:00];
- How to avoid the “unnatural” look associated with cosmetic surgery [17:00];
- Facial augmentation, fixing eye-bags, and picking the right provider [22:15];
- Common botox mistakes, and how to do it right [37:30];
- Protect and rejuvenate your skin with these 3 main tools [46:30];
- Latest trends in cosmetic industry, botox, cryolipolysis, the various forms of facials, and PRP [1:05:00];
- Importance of picking a provider you trust, rather than a device you want [1:31:30];
- Future of the cosmetic field [1:33:00]; and
Brett Kotlus, M.D.
Dr. Kotlus received a Master’s degree in Genetics from the Pennsylvania State University and his medical degree from the Sackler School of Medicine. After completing his residency at the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, he completed two accredited fellowships in Oculofacial Plastic Surgery and General Cosmetic Surgery in Tucson, Arizona. He subsequently served as Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Arizona. Before moving his practice to NYC in 2014, Dr. Kotlus provided surgical and non-surgical aesthetic services for 8 years in the Midwest at one of the country’s most successful cosmetic surgery offices. [https://drkotlus.com/about/]
Brett on Facebook: Brett Kotlus, M.D.
Brett on Instagram: @drkotlus
Brett on Twitter: @brettkotlus
Brett’s website: Brett Kotlus MD
Can you post Brett’s suggested AM/PM skin routines and the products of recommendation? I understand he uses the below:
1. Vitamin C serum
2. Retinol 0.1% wash
3. Broad spectrum sunscreen
The details would be great, including any lotions.
Update: While I still would like to see Peter post the recommendations, I came across the below additional info on routine: